Uploading with FTP:
To connect to your website via FTP to
upload/download files, you will need an FTP Client. Popular
FTP Clients are CuteFTP and
Your homepage should be named index.html or
index.shtml. This is the page that will show when someone
visits http://www.yoursite.net. Follow the instructions below
to learn how to upload your file.
- Run your FTP client
- Click the connect button.
- Enter ftp.yoursite.net as the server name.
- Use the user name and password provided in your
email in the username and password fields.
- Open up the public_html directory.
- Delete the file in there called index.html
- Upload your index.html file and any other files you need
- Disconnect and close the FTP client.
- Point your browser to http://www.yoursite.net and view
your brand new website!